MEET NISHA TANNA
Dyslexia & Coaching Specialist
For over 18 years, I’ve dedicated myself to working with children and adults – helping them to understand dyslexia, what it means for them, and to minimise its impact and maximise their abilities. My goal is to support those with learning challenges to live the best version of their lives and reach their full and true potential.
Read below or book a free call HERE to see how I can help.
Who & Where I Serve
I believe dyslexia shouldn’t be a barrier to education or employment. I explore not only people’s challenges, but identify and celebrate their strengths, skills, and untapped resources.
I work with parents, children, employers & teachers
I offer assessments (6+ years), skills coaching, workplace assessments, and psychological therapies. I work with parents, employers and young adults in education providing support, guidance, and training on all dyslexia related matters.
Serving Northamptonshire & surrounding counties
I am based in Northampton, and offer services within clients’ homes, schools and the workplace across the following areas: Northampton, Towcester, Milton Keynes, Bedford, Luton, Coventry, Kettering, Corby, Leicester, Loughborough and Peterborough.
…MORE TIME FOR A-LEVEL EXAMS
“The assessment has helped both my daughter and me enormously. The psychologist was approachable, helpful and professional. The result is that my daughter has received 25% extra time for A-level exams. The experience has boosted my daughter’s confidence reassuring her that she is a clever girl who can achieve given the correct circumstances in which to work.”
Why Work With Me
- I am qualified and experienced Psychologist
- My assessment reports can be used as evidence for examination access arrangements, Education, Health and Care plans, Disabled Students’ Allowance, and making reasonable adjustments within the workplace.
- I regularly complete Continued Professional Development activities and use the most up-to-date tools and assessment materials.
- I have full professional indemnity insurance and a full DBS certificate.
- I’m a parent. I understand the importance of being able to make children feel safe and comfortable.
I am approved & recognised by the following health insurers; Bupa, AXA PPP, Vitality and Aviva. Please check with your insurance company to ensure you are covered. I also accept self-funded clients.
LEARN HOW I CAN SUPPORT YOU
Experience & Qualifications
As a Chartered Psychologist, registered with the Health and Care Professional Council, I have over 18 years of experience, working with dyslexic children and adults alike. I also explore other co-occurring conditions such as dyscalculia, non-verbal learning difficulties and Irlen syndrome.
What if a client isn’t diagnosed with a specific learning difficulty? I provide structured advice on how to manage more general cognitive challenges, within education and the workplace, using cognitive profiling.
I also use a range of tools to provide talking therapies for children and adults.
- Master-Practitioner in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Master-Practitioner in Time-Line Therapy
- Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Mindfulness and Compassion Based Therapy
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Brief Solution Focused Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy